STaR classes celebrate Friendsgiving before break

Lucas Kroll | Staff Writer

Today begins a week of vacation, but before students leave, many will celebrate Friendsgiving with their STaRs.

Science teacher Tim Eddy and his senior STaR class are having a Thanksgiving-themed party to celebrate the upcoming holiday.

“We are having a big party for Thanksgiving. Everyone is bringing in the usual sodas and chips, but we are also bringing Thanksgiving foods like chicken and apple pie. We are going to eat, chill, and watch the Thanksgiving episode of ‘The Office,’” senior Garrett Lane said.

Eddy’s STaR plans to go all out for their feast because this is the last time they will get to spend Thanksgiving together.

“It’s our senior year. We want to enjoy it the most we can, and STaR parties are always fun,” senior Stephanie Koch said.

Eddy and his seniors aren’t the only ones celebrating Thanksgiving during STaR this week.

Science teacher Andy Kominowski and his STaR class are also having a Thanksgiving party but with a Charlie Brown theme. Kominowski and his students have planned to bring in food from the actual movie.

“We were just sitting around and came up with the idea on the spot. We are planning on bringing in jellybeans, buttered toast and popcorn,” Kominowski said.

Along with Charlie Brown-themed items, their class will also be bringing in a lot of other different foods.

“We have a bunch of people bringing in food. People are bringing ice cream and a bunch of different snacks. It’s going to be similar to most of our STaR parties except for the fact that everyone is contributing and we have a fun theme,” senior Chase Ross said.

Whether students are contributing to a STaR buffet or preparing for Thanksgiving next week, this week marks the beginning of the holiday season.