Innovation center holds job fair for seniors

Aaron Toland | Staff Writer

The Center Grove Alumni and Friends Job Fair will be held in the Center Grove Innovation Center today. The fair will be open to seniors ages 18+ and the community from 3:30-7:00. From 2:30 to 3:00, the fair will have a special session available in order to help current seniors transition out of high school.  

The fair will have a variety of job opportunities for students seeking full time work after graduation “There will be more than 15 companies represented from all types of career pathways,” CTE Advisement Coordinator Tammera Walker said. “Students can walk around and talk to as many companies as they would like.”

A few of the companies who will be in attendance at the fair are Cummins, Honey Grove Education Center and Franciscan Health. These companies will be able to answer any questions that students have and take applications for full time and internship positions.

Before one comes to the job fair and takes advantage of the  job opportunities available, students should be prepared. “Students should come dressed nice and professional,” said Walker. “Students should also bring a resume if they have one.”

Being able to get a full-time or part-time job is not the only way that this job fair will be beneficial to students.

“It is always helpful to talk with companies to see what they are looking for in employees,” Walker explained. “This will help students understand the careers that are available and the skills they need to land the career or job they want. Job fairs are great for networking.  Companies can put a face with the name on a resume. This is always helpful!”
Use this link to sign up for the job fair: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ea8ad23a2f85-2019