Center Grove Schools

Prom cancelled, classes to end May 15 and more in update shared by Dr. Henderson

In an update given April 7, Dr. Jeff Henderson announced the plan moving forward to the end of the school year, which was announced to end on May 15. The update announced Center Grove High School’s plan to adopt a “Hold Harmless” guideline to ensure that students are able to graduate while still maintaining and earning the necessary credits required for graduation and completion of their current grade. In abiding by these guidelines, several changes were made.

The school year will conclude on May 15 as the state has changed the mandatory amount of days for instruction.

Red and white day classes will continue on the same schedule of rotation. The duration for each period will last as following:

Class Schedule:

Per. 1/6: 9-10 am

Per. 2/7: 10-11am

Per. 4/9: 1-2 pm

Per. 5/10: 2-3 pm

The schedule for the remaining school year is as following:

April 2020 e-Learning calendar for CGHS

May 2020 e-Learning calendar for CGHS

Final exams have been cancelled, though teachers are still permitted to give cumulative projects, assignments, or assessments that must be completed.

Seniors are eligible for a diploma at the completion of this year so long as they met requirements prior to the closure of schools and meet further virtual standards until the end of the year. More information on this, as well as the specific state standards waived, is available in the email sent out to all CGHS students and parents.

The Top 20 banquet has been cancelled, though there will be a virtual meeting on Thursday, April 9, for students who qualified and an email will be sent shortly discussing the details around this meeting.

Prom is officially cancelled. There is no reschedule date listed or currently being planned as far as this update listed. Awards Day is also cancelled, though a virtual alternative is being looked into.

The Graduation Commencement has not been cancelled yet, and will be decided upon the first week of May. In the event that it is cancelled, there will be an online ceremony available to view. The administration will likely look for feedback as to how this can be best made. A plan is being drawn to deliver caps and gowns to those who have ordered them.

Global Campus classes will still take place over the summer, though all payment and registration will be online.

A time will be set in the future for students to return textbooks and electronics as well as retrieve personal items once the building is deemed safe. It was said that parents would be notified once this was decided.

Additionally, Dr. Henderson advocated for students to reach out to staff members, especially the guidance offices, for help during this transition and hardship. To contact a guidance office member, you can visit their website here for contact information. For more resources regarding mental health and coping during this situation, click here.

Trojaneer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in