Trick or treat with the Trojans provides pathway to athletes to connect with community

This Wednesday, on the 25th of October, Center Grove athletes played games and handed out candy to children in the community. This event, put on by members of the Student Athletic Leadership Team, gives students an opportunity to connect with families and provide a night of fun for many people. 

“Trick or treat with the Trojans is a community event where all the sports teams come together and dress up to help the kids have a good time and get involved in the community,” sophomore Braden Goodpaster said.

Through giving candy to those who show up, Center Grove is able to show their support and involvement in the community. 

“Trick or Treat with the Trojans means being able to give back to my community and also showing kids that Center Grove truly cares about them,” junior Ava Katona said.

People in the community often help out and support Center Grove’s students and athletes. This event is a way for us to give back to people in the community. 

“My favorite part of this event is seeing the joy that we are bringing to the kids and seeing the smiles on their faces,” Katona said. “I also love being able to give back to my community for everything that it has given to me.”

Connecting with the kids in the community gives students an opportunity to showcase the different sports offered at CG and can even help boost awareness and attendance at games and sporting events.

“This event could help more attendance at games and more support,” sophomore Kellen Thompson said. “My favorite part about this event is seeing how many people show up that care about CG athletics.”

Between all of the activities and games for the kids to participate in, there are many ways for the children and athletes to connect with each other. Not only does this give the kids ways to interact with the athletes, but it also allows them to see what being an athlete is all about.

“I love the smiles of the kids when they play mini games with you. It’s what it’s all about. They truly make your day better,” senior Noah Coy said. “Having people to look up to as a kid is huge, and these athletes and great role models for future Trojans.”