Sam Meier

Sam+Meier

“Progress.” That’s what has been made these past few months since the season ended in heartbreaking fashion last year. Sam Meier, a senior on the Boys Basketball team, is determined and hungry to get back out on the court.
“Of course we were disappointed in the way the season ended last year,” Sam said, “But I know we have the team to bounce back this year.”
Sam is the oldest on the team and uses that to lend wisdom to the younger players. He is one of the senior captains and takes his job as a mentor seriously.
“Everyone on the team has their roles and each has an important job to do. My job is to come in and bring energy, leadership, and 3-point shooting.”
This isn’t Sam’s first rodeo on the basketball court, either. Playing since he was in 2nd grade, he has garnered a love for the game. Everyday, he goes out on the court and pours his heart out on every play.
“I always play each game like it could be my last,” Sam continued,”It’s said all the time, but it’s true. Never leave anything out on the court.”

With enthusiasm ravaging through this hungry team, and a senior leader who is itching to get back on the court, this season is shaping up to be a great one. The team worked very hard this offseason, practicing at 6 a.m. two days a week, and is ready to make a statement this season.

“We know how hard we worked this offseason,” Sam said. “Now we just have to go out and prove it to everyone.”

The beginning of the season is approaching rapidly. Make sure to come out and support your Trojans as they open up the season on December 4th against New Palestine.