Flying to a pilot’s license

Flying to a pilot’s license

March 22, 2024

CGTV Broadcast | March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

Martial arts maniac

Martial arts maniac

March 20, 2024

Tattoo training

Tattoo training

March 19, 2024

BPA Awards Recap

BPA Awards Recap

March 15, 2024

Twin Tales

Twin Tales

March 14, 2024

RSVP committee helps make student related changes to the school

Graham Kanwit | Staff Writer

Tuesday and Thursday during STaR, the RSVP committee of STUGO will meet with students around the building to hear their opinions on what needs to be changed about the school. The goal of RSVP is to raise student voices and participation and let the administration know what students like and dislike about the school.

“We basically go around to every STaR class and see if there are any issues students really want to improve,” junior Athulya Nair, co-chair of RSVP, said.

Much like the U.S. government’s legislative process, this group works through a multiple-step process to convert student concerns into school policy changes or equipment purchases.

“The first time we come in we want to get an idea of potential changes,” Nair said. “Then these changes go to admin and they decide if they can fix it. The second summit is the top 3-4 changes approved by admin, and then we’ll come back a third time to announce the changes admin agreed to.”

Although the organization has gone through this process for several years, each year has brought new changes to the system. Previously, different leaders would visit a different STaR class to hear each individual concern and write them on a large sheet of paper to sort out the most suggested improvement ideas.

Because seniors will not be here next year, they have to fill out a Google form to express what they would want to change in the future.

Through this process, RSVP has been able to make changes to our school that students may not even be aware of.

“We got black leggings legalized,” Nair said. “We added microwaves, stripes in the hallway, and reducing parking pass prices.”

Students will participate in the first summit this week; the next summit will be in the spring.