Flying to a pilot’s license

Flying to a pilot’s license

March 22, 2024

CGTV Broadcast | March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

Martial arts maniac

Martial arts maniac

March 20, 2024

Tattoo training

Tattoo training

March 19, 2024

BPA Awards Recap

BPA Awards Recap

March 15, 2024

Twin Tales

Twin Tales

March 14, 2024

Student government to host annual leadership workshop

Kaia Hunter | News Magazine Editor

StuGo is hosting their annual spring workshop this upcoming Friday, April 26.

“The workshop is a student government event where we invite different schools to learn about their student governments and how they run them, grow as leaders and hear from a speaker that has leadership experience and can teach us how to become a better leaders in our council,” workshop committee chair Madison Gloyeske ‘20 said.

The workshop is a full day commitment where students facilitate a variety of activities.

“At the workshop, we do a few icebreakers with students and break them up into groups [mixed up between schools] where leaders from our school partake in different leadership activities with the students,” Gloyeske said. “Then, [we] have Kevin Wanzer, a nationally renowned speaker do a leadership workshop with the students and teach them about leadership.”

In addition to having a guest speaker, there are a lot of other activities aimed toward leadership skills.

“We have speakers, large group activities and small group activities. All our activities are geared to making people think and work together, so we make sure they are using and growing leadership skills,” committee chair Mahek Agrawal ‘20 said.

This workshop is not only beneficial for students here, but also for students at other schools.

“There are eight schools coming this year: Warren Central, Plainfield, Park Tudor, Pike, Lawrence North, Thomas Carr Howe, Beech Grove and Whiteland,” Gloyeske said.

Students from schools come together to generate ideas and work on improving their programs.

“It’s an event to grow as a leader and make our school better,” committee chair Kristen Garrison ‘20 said. “We host the workshop to get ideas from other schools for our StuGo.”

Overall, the workshop is an opportunity for all involved to become better leaders in their schools.

“We host the workshop for our student government because it allows students in the council to grow as leaders and learn what makes a leader,” Gloyeske said. “It also allows them to network with others in different schools’ councils.”