Choir Nationals

IMG_3007Over spring break Debtones and Sound System went to Nashville, Tennessee for Show Choir Nationals, held at the Grand Ole Opry. They stayed at the Gaylord Opry Mills Hotel for the duration of the competition; the 26th to the 29th. Debtones opened the competition for the unisex division on Thursday night. Debs won best vocals, best choreography, best tech crew, and sophomore Adrianna Goss won best soloist.

“The best part was getting to meet and befriend people from show choirs across the nation who were staying in the hotel with us, everyone was super friendly,” Debtones singer Maddie Robbins said.

Robbins enjoyed being able to perform at the Grand Ole Opry which she described as a once in a lifetime chance. The warm up room that the singers used was where Nashville Live, a television talk show hosted by Ralph Emery, was filmed.IMG_3020

Debtones sang “Out of sight Out of mind”, “Loverly” mixed with “Bright Side”, “Papa Can You Hear Me” and “Raise Your Voice”.

Maddie Robbins and Eli Robinson both agree that the other singing groups were supportive of each other, were very friendly, talented, and energetic.

“There wasn’t a single boring moment and everyone was supportive of other choirs, giving stand ovations and starting chants. It was amazing.” Said Robbins.

Sound System opened their division on Friday morning and made it to finals. At the beginning they were placed 4th place. Later they moved to 2nd place overall and won best choreography.IMG_3022

“The best part of the experience was being with my friends and competing in the National Competition. We were shooting for first place but second is really good also.” said Robinson.

Sound System sang “Duel of Fates,” “Ten Minutes Ago,” “Impossible,” “Romeo and Juliet,” “A Dream is a Wish,” “Camelot/Men in Tights” and “I Will Prevail.”