Students inducted into National Honor Society

Liam Ealy, Staff Writer

On Monday night 48 students were Inducted into the National Honor Society at CGHS. 

“To be inducted into the National Honors Society means to me that I get to be a part of a very select group of students and we can help better the school environment and the community around us by doing acts of service for the community such as The Midnight Mile and other things that we do,” junior inductee Maddi Sponsel said.

Inductees met the strict requirements of the club, including having a 3.60 GPA or higher, being involved with several school clubs or sports and having two letters of recommendation from members from the community that can tell the sponsors that they are active, involved and helpful for the community. They also need three teacher recommendations to join.

“This is my sixth year as sponsor of the National Honor Society. I took it on as a way to meet kids I don’t normally teach and just to get involved with students in a new way at our school,” sponsor Jessica Goodman said.

The induction ceremony was under 30 minutes in the Vandermeer Gym, and it included the traditional candle lighting ceremony, speeches from student leaders and individual recognitions. To maintain membership, students will continue to volunteer and maintain strong GPAs.