The NBA Playoffs at CG

Gourav Pany, Staff Writer

As the school year comes to an end and teachers start preparing their students for final exams, a distraction hovers over their heads: the excitement and competitiveness of the NBA playoffs. With teams scratching and clawing their way through the ups and downs of an NBA playoffs series, the struggle is evident as students and their educators alike turn their attention to the biggest sporting event of the season.

A team that had become accustomed to success in the playoffs until injuries to their key players over the years was the Golden State Warriors, who are widely believed to be the favorites to win the title behind a strong and fast-paced shooting offense that is solely anchored on three-point efficiency.

“I think that the Golden State Warriors are going to win because of their combination of Draymond [Green], Steph[en Curry], Klay Thompson and Jordan Poole. Whenever they’re on the floor, they’re pretty much unstoppable,” freshman Lucas Brunson said.

Another team that has been a popular pick to win the finals is the Boston Celtics, who have been spearheaded by the league’s top defense and one of the best scorers in the league in Jayson Tatum, who continues to confound viewers with his dazzling athleticism and drastic improvement in his young but bright career.

“I’m a huge supporter of Boston teams in general, and I know that Jayson Tatum is a great two-way player and that he can get the Celtics to the Finals,” freshman Ryan Purtee said.

Similar to the Celtics are the Memphis Grizzlies, who have also had the benefit of a late-season resurgence by little-known shooting guard Desmond Bane, who has been the perfect complement to the athletic superstar Ja Morant.

“I think the Memphis Grizzlies are going to win because of Ja Morant. It’s just Ja [Morant]. I also don’t want Golden State and Steph[en Curry] to move on to the finals,” freshman Zak Adams said.

Last but not least, the Phoenix Suns have been a quiet force throughout the playoffs, even though they had the best record in the league. The Suns are led by a headstrong and disciplined approach to scoring behind All-Star PG Chris Paul and the sensational Devin Booker, who are both trying to get back to the NBA Finals for the second time in a row, and possibly win it.

“I want the Suns to win because they went so far last year and they hyped up everyone and played really well. And then they were really close to winning the finals, but they blew their lead to the Milwaukee Bucks,” sophomore Siddharth Prasad said.

As the playoffs continue, hearts will be broken and students will rejoice at the results of these contested games, which only increases the mystique and intrigue around the NBA playoffs. However, this NBA playoffs coverage doesn’t stop there. Here are the CG Publications’ staff picks for the NBA playoffs:

Gourav Pany: Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors, Boston in 6.

Sam Findley: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns, Bucks in 7

Ben Baranko: Milwaukee Bucks vs Golden State Warriors, Golden State in 6

Earl Ridlen: Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors, Boston in 6

Cameron Peters: Boston Celtics vs Phoenix Suns, Suns in 6

Trevor Magnusen: Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors, Boston in 5