A Sadie Hawkins Homecoming

Homecoming 2015 will be unlike any other in the school’s history. There will be great times and unforgettable experiences of course, but this year, the ladies must ask the gentlemen to the dance.

“I didn’t realize how hard it was to get the courage to ask someone,” Senior Greta Anderson said. “The guys really have it tough.”

Some guys around Center Grove were late to receive the memo about how the dance was Girls-Ask-Guys and were confused on why they were getting rejected when they asked. Most guys are excited for the change, and they are interested to see if they will have any secret admirers.  

Sophomore Sophia Strain has rejected a few invitations. “It’s not that I do not want to attend the dance,” Strain said. “They have to know the rules. It is Girls-Ask-Guys.”

With the girls asking the guys this year, the level of originality and creativity has improved. The girls are all competing with each other to see who can have the coolest proposal. 

“I’m quite impressed with the level of originality the girls are displaying with their proposals to homecoming,”  senior Eli Baker said. “My favorite proposal was when Jacyln Lohman asked John Nystrom with personal Daylight Donuts that spelled out ‘HOCO’.”  

The homecoming proposals are becoming more and more elaborate with the influence of social media. The girls see how other girls are asking their significant others and want to up the ante.

“Girls are going after favorites and likes, and want to impress their date and show that they are excited for the dance,” Junior Gus Caito said.   

The Homecoming dance is Saturday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m.