Pacers Preview

1400029466900

The times are changing for our beloved blue and gold. Some familiar faces have been lost but some fresh ones have been gained.

Defensive anchor of 7 years Roy Hibbert has been lost to the Los Angeles Lakers and emotional leader David West left for the San Antonio Spurs. The key additions are elusive scorer Monta Ellis and 11th overall pick and University of Texas standout Myles Turner. The biggest addition to the team is the return of perennial All-Star and MVP candidate Paul George from his gruesome leg injury from last summer.

What does all of this mean for our Pacers? With all these new players, it seems that the team is moving in a new direction. I think this is going to be a positive change.

In the past, our team has heavily relied on defense and there has been little production on the offensive end. By bringing in scorers like Monta Ellis, it would seem that the Pacers are looking to play a more fast-paced style of ball that has proven to be successful in the league.

Interest is growing as the home opener was Thursday, October 29.

Now a week into the season, the Pacers are off to a rough start of 0-3.  The second half of games last week have not been kind to the Pacers, ball movement and efficient shots are not somethings that has been happening a lot this season.

Chemistry appears to be the main reason that the team is struggling. With all of these new faces, it is going to be a while before the team connects and gets used to playing with each other.

I believe this team is going to surprise many Pacers fans. I think their new style of play will work to their advantage; they will be competitive with the best teams in the league.