Trevor Harrell

Trevor Harrell

Written by: Jackson Williams

A quick and athletic player with a great shot from the outside, great court vision, and even better ball handling describes Center Grove’s electric point guard, Trevor Harrell. Being the point guard and one of three returning players with varsity experience, Harrell has the responsibility of being one of the leaders for this team filled with a mix of grade levels.

“I started playing basketball at Upward when I was four years old and have loved the game ever since,” Harrell said.

With many memorable basketball experiences throughout his AAU teams and previous Center Grove teams, Harrell’s favorite part of basketball is getting in the locker room and having the players celebrate with Coach Hahn after a win.

“The best part about last season was winning the County Championship,” Harrell said.

After the basketball team’s 2-0 start with wins against New Pal and Bloomington North, the Trojans are excited for the remainder of the season.

“The highlight from the first two games was certainly Trayce’s dunk against New Pal,” Harrell said. “But for the season, our goal is to get better each day and win as many games as we can while having fun.”

The team will take on the Pike Red Devils in a Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference matchup tonight in the West Gym.