Donate and Dine at the Dance Marathon #FTK

By: Jessica Richardson

Dance, donate, win! This Friday, April 29, Riley Club is having a dance marathon. It starts at 6 p.m. and ends at 12 a.m.

“The Riley Dance Marathon is the best fundraiser in the world. It’s a time for the whole community to come together and have fun while supporting a great cause,” senior Sabrina Maristela said.

It is a casual event.

“Wear a t-shirt and shorts, so you don’t get too hot,” senior Madey Jacks said.

Dancing can be exhausting, but being in the dance marathon doesn’t mean you have to dance the whole time.

“It’s called a ‘dance marathon’ because there is dancing but on top of that there are games and crafts and contests and food, and it’s really fun,” Maristela said.

In fact there are plenty of other things you can do.

“We will have games where you can win gift cards,” Jacks said. “One game is heads or tails, where you buy stickers that represent your lives you have. Then a coin is flipped into the air and you run to two different sides of the room that says heads or tails. If you get it wrong, you put a sticker on a board, but then you can keep playing until you are out of stickers. In this game you can win $100 Best Buy gift card.”

Another thing that you can do is eat.

“Texas Roadhouse has donated 150 rolls. We are trying to get more food donations from places like Dairy Queen, Chick-Fil-A, Luca pizza, and other local places. It’s not a for sure thing yet, but we are trying,” said Jacks. “Stones Crossing Church has donated the use of their large group games like nine-square, spike ball and giant Jenga.”

If you’re saying, “I want to go but, I don’t have much money,” Good news for you! The dance marathon is completely free! (You can also bring some cash or raise the cash if you want to. Also, $25 gets you a t-shirt while supplies last).

Riley Club is a student-led club that raises funds and awareness for Riley Hospital patients. The whole idea of the Riley Dance marathon is for students to stand for kids who can’t. So the dance marathon not only helps little kids, but it is fun as well.

If you want to help, but can’t come to the dance marathon you can donate at this link: http://donate.rileykids.org/site/TR?px=1485811&fr_id=2931&pg=personal

Follow Riley Club on instagram: @centergrovegm