Flying to a pilot’s license

Flying to a pilot’s license

March 22, 2024

CGTV Broadcast | March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

Martial arts maniac

Martial arts maniac

March 20, 2024

Tattoo training

Tattoo training

March 19, 2024

BPA Awards Recap

BPA Awards Recap

March 15, 2024

Twin Tales

Twin Tales

March 14, 2024

Senior Uses Social Media For Artistic Expression

Mylee Grounds | Creative Editor

For many teenagers today Instagram fame is a dream. And for few, it’s a reality.  Senior Garrett Rowland currently has 10,500 followers on Instagram, and he’s always working to add more.

For Rowland, being a social media influencer is more than just posting pictures.

“I share my posts as an outlet to let my style and even emotions out,” Rowland said. “There is a lot more than meets the eye behind a picture. There is always a story, good or bad, that reflects a time in my life.”

Though Rowland’s Instagram posts reflect his own story, he has been influenced by other famous Instagrammers:  Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and Kim Kardashian.

Rowland also gets a lot of inspiration through music. “If I’m going through a breakup, I’m content with my life, I have family struggles, I feel confident in myself, or if I feel insecure, there’s a song for that.”

After having Instagram for three years, Rowland said posting pictures is a routine. “Location is key, I always pick places that are the same colors as my Instagram theme. Once I take the pictures I edit the color on VSCO cam,” Rowland said.

Rowland highly recommends both VSCO and Facetune for anyone wanting a “cohesive Instagram theme,” and he says themes are often a big part of having a “successful” profile.

Rowland’s theme is very strict, hardly ever straying from light pastel colors. “I try to stay very consistent, and I feel like I carry out my aesthetic into real life; my clothes and stuff go along with my Instagram theme. I’m just very persistent about it.”

But Rowland is working on a lot more than just his profile aesthetic. “I have a ton of amazing projects such as pictures, videos, and merch that has been in the works for a while and about to release.”

His YouTube account, starting later this year, is going to be based off of a reality show. “I love film and I feel I have a pretty interesting life to share. So why not let the world see!”  Rowland said. Look out for Garrett Rowland as he continues to grow his platform.

Instagram- @hurricanegarrett

YouNow- @hurricangarrett (Weekly Livestreams)

Snapchat- @g.hurricane