Flying to a pilot’s license

Flying to a pilot’s license

March 22, 2024

CGTV Broadcast | March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

Martial arts maniac

Martial arts maniac

March 20, 2024

Tattoo training

Tattoo training

March 19, 2024

BPA Awards Recap

BPA Awards Recap

March 15, 2024

Twin Tales

Twin Tales

March 14, 2024

Sophomore uses YouTube to showcase filmmaking talents

Jadin Reeves | Staff Writer

Sitting back, Luke Wiley ‘20 watches the audience enjoy his most recent film he has created.

Wiley has a strong passion for filmmaking. He writes, directs, edits and produces creative movies and short films in his free time.

Wiley’s passion for filmmaking started when he was a kid and has continued to grow since.

My love for filmmaking really began when I was little and sat next to my sister in awe as she put together vacation videos on our computer using iMovie,” Wiley said. “Even though what she did was really simple, I thought it was just the coolest thing in the world.”

Wiley does all parts of the filmmaking process by himself. Although he enjoys all of filmmaking, he has his favorite parts of the process.

“My favorite part of the process is editing the film into a final product. I love watching the audience react to my films,” Wiley said.

Wiley is working to build his following on his YouTube channel: “TheWileyBros.”

“I usually post my films and other silly stuff on my Youtube Channel ‘TheWileyBros,’ Wiley said. “I started editing my films on iMovie, but a while ago advanced to something more professional like Final Cut Pro X to edit my creations.”

Wiley tries to post new content on his channel every month.

“I usually will try to produce silly or minor projects to post on YouTube around twice a month, but it takes much longer time on more serious short films,” Wiley said.

Wiley is always finding new ideas and new inspirations to keep creating unique videos and films.

“My main inspiration to make films is that I believe God has given us all different gifts and talents, and I strive to use my talent to make content that honors and gives glory to him,” Wiley said.

Wiley has been creating films for a few years now and he plans to do it as a hobby for the rest of his life.

“I actually do not plan to make a career out of filmmaking because the competition is just so unreasonably crazy, and my chances of actually making it big in the business are about as high as the IQ of termite,” Wiley said. “Despite that crazy analogy, I just want to have a stable job to eventually support a family, but I will also certainly pursue filmmaking as my main hobby for the rest of my life.  I will also be entering short films into film festivals in the future as well.”

Wiley is interested in submitting his films into film festivals to win prizes for his work.

“I am currently in the process of writing my most cinematic and professional short film yet,” Wiley said. “The last few months I have been brainstorming the story, characters, and all the metaphors and symbols I want to include in the film. Hopefully I will enter this film in the Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis.”

As his most recent wraps up, Wiley smiles while applause echoes through the room. Wiley is satisfied with his work, holds his head high and takes a bow.