Animal Friends at Central 9

In this January 26, 2015 photo: Cocoa, Taylor Houpt's dog, sits on a table during the veterinary career program at C9.
In this January 26, 2015 photo: Cocoa, Taylor Houpt’s dog, sits on a table during the veterinary career program at C9.

Senior Taylor Houpt joined C9’s veterinary program with a love of animals.

“It gives you an idea of what you would be doing if you went into the career. I love working with the animals that people bring in, and I meet students from different schools,” said Houpt.

Houpt joined C9 her sophomore year and remains enrolled today. She has enjoyed her classes ever since.

“She is doing a really good job and really enjoys being at C9. I actually see her enjoying and participating in school! It is a good experience for her, since she wants to be a vet when she gets older,” said Lori Houpt, Taylor’s mother.

Houpt has been working hard and keeping her grades up in order to be prepared to enter the veterinary field, according to Lori. Houpt explained that enrollment in C9 has taught her the necessary skills to be a veterinarian and given her an idea of what to expect in the future.

“Taylor is always very nice and willing to help me whenever I need it. The class is really fun and actually got me excited about learning and also helped me decide that this is the profession I wanted to do the rest of my life,” said Houpt’s classmate Kellie Huggler.