Bryce Brown’s Grammy Predictions

The 58th Annual Grammy Awards are coming to CBS this President’s Day. With the star-studded cast and beautifully crafted albums, 2015 was the year for music.

Artists from all genres are nominated this year for Best New Artist. Radio hits have come from the likes of Meghan Trainor (“All About That Bass”) and Sam Hunt (“House Party”), but artists like Courtney Barnett and James Bay, who may not have those hits, will still look to steal the award. Even with all the fantastic nominees, I give the small edge to Sam Hunt. He has redefined the country music genre, and his style of music is undeniably creative.

Predicted Winner: Sam Hunt

Song of the Year is always a fan-favorite category for the Grammy’s. This year’s songs include: “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar, “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift, “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town, “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa and “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran. It is great to see diversity in music with songs from Country to Rap being nominated. All of these songs received significant radio play, and each was a great song. This category is honestly a toss-up, but I have a feeling that the most overplayed song will receive the award. “See You Again” was the year’s most popular song, and that is what usually wins.

Predicted Winner: “See You Again”

The big one is Album of the Year. Albums that have dominated the charts, such as “1989” and “To Pimp a Butterfly,” are nominated, as well as under-the-radar albums like “Traveller” and “Sound & Color.” The full list includes: “1989” by Taylor Swift, “To Pimp a Butterfly” by Kendrick Lamar, “Traveller” by Chris Stapleton, “Beauty Behind the Madness” by The Weeknd and “Sound & Color” by Alabama Shakes. Pop albums, Country albums, Alternative albums and Rap albums have all been nominated. Everyone thinks that their favorite album should win, so I will do the same. This award should go to Kendrick Lamar’s album “To Pimp a Butterfly.” It is time for a Rap album to finally win this coveted award.

Predicted Winner: “To Pimp a Butterfly”

The Grammy’s, along with the Oscar’s, is the most popular and most anticipated award show that America has to offer. Star-studded performances from nominees and edge-of-your-seat tension leading up to awards are always a thrill to behold. If you are a fan of music, or just a fan of watching award shows, be sure to tune in on Sunday, February 15 at 8pm.