Flying to a pilot’s license

Flying to a pilot’s license

March 22, 2024

CGTV Broadcast | March 22, 2024

March 22, 2024

Martial arts maniac

Martial arts maniac

March 20, 2024

Tattoo training

Tattoo training

March 19, 2024

BPA Awards Recap

BPA Awards Recap

March 15, 2024

Twin Tales

Twin Tales

March 14, 2024

Trojan Update with Ben Greller

Each week sports writer Ben Greller will have updates on last week’s sporting events, as well as previewing this week’s matchups. Look for Greller’s update every week to get you ready for each week’s big games. This week includes perspective from sports writer Sebastian Martin.

D045ABBA-1BA6-4EB4-84A0-1BB3C859BDD5Wrestling 

It is a big week for the wrestling squad. With a new coach and a very young team, they have seen success early on. This past week the wrestling team finished runner-up in the Zionsville invitational. CG had three wrestlers going undefeated in addition to Brayden Littell taking home most valuable wrestler. This week will be a good test for the young Trojans. On Wednesday they will welcome Carmel and Saturday they will travel to Indian Creek for the Johnson County tournament. I see the them winning both matchups. Carmel is not nearly as deep and winning county has proved to be a normal thing over the past six years for Trojans. Expect a great week for the young Trojans.

Girls Basketbal

On Tuesday the girls basketball team will take on a solid Martinsville team that is 9-1. Martinsville does not have a standout victory, but 9-1 is no joke. I think the lady Trojans will take care of them, but you can expect the Artesians to put up a solid fight. After Tuesday’s matchup, they will welcome the Red Devils of Pike High School on Saturday. Pike has a solid squad that has had a back-and-forth year including a victory over the #1 ranked Warren Central Warriors. Pike has been much better on the road than they have been at home, but I expect the Trojans to take care of business at home and cap of a great week.

Swimming

It will be a hard week for both swim teams this week. Tuesday they will go up against a strong Avon team who will provide some hard competition. It will be a home meet and would provide as a great win for both teams. After Avon will be the county meet also at Indian Creek. This will be another tough matchup for both teams as the county meet has been dominated by Franklin community over the past couple of years. I see this week as being a great test for both teams and both meets being fun to watch.

D0C90D36-07BE-4E7F-BCE1-CCF3B56B19C4Boys Basketball

After a couple of losses last weekend, the Trojans are back in action against Whiteland (2-2) on Friday and Avon (3-3) on Saturday. Friday’s game will be on the road, in a Whiteland arena that will be packed with home fans hoping for an upset against likely the highest ranked opponent the Warriors will face all year. If the Trojans limit unforced errors, however, they should walk away with a win. Playing Avon is slightly more challenging, but again the Trojans are strong favorites after having shown competitiveness against one of the top teams in the nation, La Lumiere, last weekend. The Orioles will be coming to Center Grove Saturday after what will likely be a challenging game for the Orioles against Brownsburg on Friday night. If the Trojans come to play, there is no reason they shouldn’t leave this weekend with two more tallies in the “W” column.