Jan. 13-17

Graham Kanwit, Website Editor

Guidance

The University of Notre Dame is offering summer programs for rising juniors and seniors. For information, click here. The available programs are listed below.

• 2020 Summer Scholars: This includes courses in STEM, fine arts, liberal studies and business for rising high school juniors and seniors running from June 27 through July 11.
    • Application Deadline: Feb. 18
  • 2020 Leadership Seminar: This program involves three seminars including Global Issues: Violence and Peace in the Modern Age; The Environment: Science, Policy, and Ethics; and The State of Race in 21st Century America. All meals and tuition costs are paid for by the university. It is for rising high school seniors only from July 18 through July 29.
    • Application Deadline: Jan. 27
  • 2020 Study Abroad in Rome: This is a two-week study abroad opportunity from June 6 to June 20. It is for rising high school seniors only and focuses on the built environment, art history, and anthropology of Rome, Itlay.
    • Application Deadline: Jan. 27

The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana will award $5,000 scholarships to select students who have a minimum 2.7 GPA; are eligible to attend a 2 or four-year college, university or technical/vocational school; are less than 21 years of age and are a U.S. citizen. For more information and applications, visit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana website or click here.

Sports

Tuesday, Jan. 14

Boys and Girls Swimming & Diving will face Pike at Home at 6 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 15

Varsity and JV Wrestling will compete at New Palestine at 6 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 16

Boys and Girls Swimming & Diving will compete at Franklin Central at 6 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 17

Boys Basketball will compete in the County Tournament at Franklin at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 18

Varsity Wrestling will compete in the MIC Tournament at Lawrence North at 9 a.m.

Varsity and JV Girls Basketball will play at Seymour at 12 p.m./1:30 p.m.

Boys Basketball will play in the County Championship at Franklin at 7 p.m.